Iyabo Ojo: ‘I Don’t Support Or Believe In Lesbianism. I Am Actually Sorry For Lesbians’

Nollywood Actress, Iyabo Ojo is known to be one of the most popular actresses in the English movie genre before retracing her steps to the Yoruba genre, Iyabo Ojo started acting in 1977 when she was introduced to Keppy Ekpeyong by Bimbo Akintola. A graduate of Estate Management from the Lagos State Polytechnic and mother of two, In a recent interview she spoke about her NGO,  her movie ‘Arinzo’ and her views on lesbianism. Read Excerpt
Who is Iyabo Ojo?
I am from Ogun State, Itoko to be precise, an actress and I have two younger brothers. I am the only girl in my family. My father is late, while my mother Mrs. Olubunmi is still alive. My brothers are based in the United Kingdom while my mother stays here with me. I was born on December 21, 1977. I am a graduate of Estate Management from the Lagos State Polytechnic and married with two children; Festus and Pricilla.
Your latest work Arinzo received a lot of kudos. What do you have to say to that?
My latest work, ‘Arinso’, is from God, because the film really gave me what I wanted as a film. The film even won an award at the 2011 Abuja Film Festival. It costs us a lot of money though; we spent so much. By ‘we’, I mean Corporate Pictures. The huge amount spent was because half of the project was done in Ghana, and I have to fly all my artistes and crew to Ghana, and Ghanaians were forced to confess that I was the first producer to bring a lot of crew and artistes to Ghana to shoot a film. I intend showing the film in Cinema in countries like Nigeria, Ghana and the United Kingdom. I am also planning to shoot a comedy film as well as working on project called pink ladies which is an NGO.
Tell us more about your NGO
Yes, it is no more Pink sexy ladies. We just changed the name. It all started like a child’s play, more like BB stuff among us friends. You see, I have this passion to give. We want to help the less privileged children.
Are all your members actresses?
No, they are not; we just have few actresses there. We have business women from Nigeria and United Kingdom. So many important personalities are involved, so I have to change it from Pink Sexy Ladies to Pinkie Foundation. I am the president while my friends are supporters.
But people are saying the group is formed to encouraged lesbianism?
I think that story came up because I am an actress. You known as an actress whatever I do is a story; so there is no iota of truth in that story. I don’t support or believe in lesbianism. I am actually sorry for lesbians; I had never supported lesbianism, I don’t find it godly. We just formed it to help one another; to help our businesses and to help empower women. We contribute monthly for this project.
So you are saying that the group has nothing to do with lesbianism as being alleged
I established this group in 2001, and its aims were to bring women together irrespective of age or social class, support one another and share business and health ideas, as well as improve family values. My foundation is not about that. Do I look like a lesbian? I am not a lesbian. Nigerians like attaching irrelevant things to something. But it hasn’t stopped me from achieving my goals. 80% of the women in the group are married with kids.
But what is your view about lesbianism?
I am not in support of lesbianism. I don’t have a problem with those who practice it; it’s their choice, but I don’t believe in it because it’s not normal. It’s not biblical. I am not condemning the practitioners, but for me it’s abnormal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Of Hot Body, Ugly Face

5 “Scientific” Facts About br**sts

Secrets Behind Every Woman’s br**sts